The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme enables pupils at LEA schools to purchase instruments without paying VAT. Thus parents will only pay the discounted Ex-Vat prices quoted on this site.
How does AIPS work?
Once the parent/pupil has chosen an instrument, the school should place a formal order with us as normal. The parent then pays the ex-VAT price to the school (usually when the school places the order). Our invoice includes VAT which the school reclaims in the normal way.
What are the rules?
Customs & Excise have laid down rules to ensure the scheme is not abused
- The student must be in full time education at a Local Authority School.
- The student must be receiving music tuition at the school.
- The instrument must be appropriate for the pupils needs.
- The instrument must be portable.
- The instrument must be handed over from school to pupil in a designated teaching room.
- The instrument must be charged to the pupil/pupil's parents at or below the school's (ex.vat) cost.
East Coast WInd AIPS+ Scheme
Our AIPS+ Scheme offers additional – free of charge – benefits:
- Free delivery
- A free of charge instrument inspection at 12 months – including small adjustments and repairs
- Pre-delivery inspection, test and set-up